- Start simple
- 7 critical skills
- Effective change
- Simple management
- Document management
Start process in simple way
Easy to start
Most important is to learn how to work in the tasks environment.
With Beedo it is easy to create tasks, calls or meetings.
Do tasks by yourself or delegate them to team members.
Check projects history
You will see the patterns of how team members perform: how long it takes to do tasks, how many mistakes and in which tasks were made.
This will be Your guide while modeling a new process.
With Beedo you will have history of all closed tasks or projects. or be able to find planned and actual work time.
Create project template - process
Start working immediately. If You already know the process, it will take up to 10 minutes Your time.
With Beedo you will be able to create unlimited number of process templates for each company's activity.
Continuously improve processes
Agree with the team which part of process is not working and edit Your process right away. You will have new reality on new project. Be prepared that when starting new project team members will ask You two-three more times about changes You made.
Everything can and should be forget.
You need to remember things that are most important right now. That's why checklist or automatic skills improve Your ability to concentrate on a task You are working RIGHT NOW.
With Beedo project templates and procedures you will avoid mistakes and unfinished tasks.
Elaborate know-how is born in simply way when it is immediately integrated into daily work of Your team.
7 visible skills of the team
Promises the real thing.
Plans tasks with the accurate time and deadline.
With Beedo planning skills improve every day. A team can start with creating a habit to plan a day and gradually transition to longer-term work planning.
Seeks goal every day.
Planning day tasks and setting the priorities is the first job in the morning.
At the end of the day - all tasks are done.
Everybody makes mistakes,
but the best people make mistakes at least - they don't have reopened tasks and don't need go back and fix mistakes.
Follows and checks the project.
If main tasks are done or important details are not forgotten. When delays are noticed, everybody focus on the delivery of the most important tasks.
Gets used to create tasks.
Even if there is no need to do it right now or bug, colleagues mistake is noticed.
Makes project review (DEMO).
Because wants to learn, improve process and to check if change of quality and efficiency was made.
Cheap and effective management of changes
- Start with simple things: clear priorities for the day, tasks and good execution.
You don't need to hire consultants for that, but You and Your team will need time to develop these habits.
- Learn about Your business.
You will have all tasks and time statistic in Beedo. It will show what You wanted Your business to do and what was really made. It will be easy to find discrepancy for You. Consultant will not know them and won't know where to look.
- JUST ON TIME trainings.
When delays in project starts (often unexpectedly) use JUST ON TIME trainings for Your team. Consultants can not help in such situation - they won't be at Your office in that moment.
- Do not waste time.
JUST ON TIME trainings should take up to an hour.Analysis of the problem, discussion to find alternatives, one solution. However, such working and trainings speed must be learned and the best place to do this - Your workplace.
- Project DEMO
They will let You focus on Your company problems, not abstract market challenges about which business seminars usually talk. Of course, You can ask consultant to offer the solution for YOUR problem. Do not forget to check if solution was right and what can be done better next time.
- Ask processes consultant to model, improve Your process
And start working according new process immediately (from tomorrow).
- Agree on quantitative targets and pay for achieved results.
This provision of the contract will let You separate responsible and consultants with practical knowledge from trainers-theoretician. (Sketches are good but we can sell only things that actually work.)
- Start with simple things: clear priorities for the day, tasks and good execution.
Management technologies in simple way
ISO, TOC, LEAN, AGILE, WATERFALL is not a one-time test. This is a daily routine. If You stop using these management technologies, You will get back where You were or even lower - because of confusion.
Daily improvement of 1% will give You 13 times bigger impact than annual improvement of 13%.
- The only way to impart management technologies to Your team members is to give them precisely formed daily tasks. At the beginning team leader will need to create tasks, but then all employees will learn how to do it.
- Quality and speed are the result of leader (manager) focus. If there is no leader - You will get less quality and speed. Processes work well only in healthy and full teams - which have leaders (managers).
- Market demands what level of speed and quality You should have. Profitability of the product, operational break-even points show if quality was on the right level.
- It is bad not to use quality management systems, but it is also bad to use them more than You actually need.
- to plan project using Agile or Waterfall;
- to measure quality according ISO standards;
- to apply techniques of LEAN;
- to find a "bottleneck" and
- continuously improve quality.
ISO - International Organization for Standartization
- ISO 9000 Quality management, ISO 31000 Risk management and other standards.
- Good quality earns good profit.
- Daily improvement of 1% will give You 13 times bigger impact than annual improvement of 13%.
- Quality is made of people skills, processes and tools. Processes are communication methods between people with skills while using tools.
- Company is the one that understands and knows processes the best.
Consultants are ones that describe them in the most beautiful way. But business needs more than descriptions - business needs better working practices.
- Skills and processes are never perfect.
After each improvement an understanding comes where to improve further. These insights come when You look for them, not necessarily when You want.
So it leads to idea that good consultant should be at Your office all the time. But we all understand that it can't be this way, because:
1) it is inefficient and
2) it is contrary to the idea of quality and ISO.
- Consultants are designed not to improve everything per one time, but to teach You how to keep improving Your skills and processes constantly.
TOC - Theory of Constraints
- "Bottlenecks" are usually those employees that have lots of unfinished work. If their work is in tasks, You will be able to monitor such employees all the time.
- To direct resource towards "bottleneck" means reorganize or according management theory - coordinate, change priorities and plans. In Beedo it means - to plan tasks to other team members and in such way help "bottleneck".
- "Bottlenecks" appear because of constraints. The quicker we respond - less costs we have. Less "fires" we need to extinguish.
- Unknown constraints become better known and understood when later we see constraints in the form of actual numbers (hours, deadlines, count of tasks).
- When we become more and more familiar with constraints, less "bottlenecks" are created. So, the less time You spend for reorganizing, coordinating, more You save. Your experience and ability to see farther helps to minimize costs.
Lean, Six Sigma. Or in simple - without unnecessary costs
- Your goal is to reduce unproductive work costs of the product or service production.
- The starting point should be measurement of costs - otherwise there will be no way to measure progress.
- In the service sector ~90% of business costs come from employees work time.
- Time, Your team spend on tasks, projects, should be compared with the past projects, customers expectations and competitors' achievements.
- Once You know the critical areas where a lot of unnecessary work and time are wasted, You can change employees attitude, skills and process.
- Effective trainings and
- Effective communication (all with all in a regular basis -> one-to-one when the time comes).
- Regular supervision of the change (the ultimate goal, skills, communication).
Agile (active) - WaterFall (consistent)
- There is is no panacea. There is only a correct management style to a particular situation.
- If Agile is more empirical-practical, so Waterfall is more theoretical-analytical way of project management.
- In this decade Agile became fashion, because there are few people who continues to provide deep focus and work individually.
- A lot of people write 1 word in Skype and press Enter. Then the second one. So it shows the largest accessible length of thought of part of these days young employees.
- Waterfall offen did not work out because theoretical approach did not take into consideration the change of market or demands. While experts were forming assignments - market needs changed.
- Agile is designed for speed, Waterfall - for quality. Combination of the two is suited the best for the modern market: quickly and efficiently.
- We created Beedo to use modern contemporary management. And with Beedo You will be able to create the best management style combinations for Your company.